Friday, March 18, 2011

Something's coming

Next Thursday, March 24th, I start my two week Gotham Writers course on preparing non-ficition book proposals.

And I really cannot wait. I edited the first quarter of the book down to 98 pages last night, and I've shopped the latest revision of the first 44 pages around to my sorelline and the Rox to stellar reviews.

If we're talking about non-fiction writing though, and you're interested in reading some phenomenal reporting, please take a minute to first say a prayer for all those affected by the Earthquake in Japan and then take a few minutes to read this incredible article from the New Yorker by the talented fiance of one of my favorite friends in the world.

I gchatted her to say "that boy of yours sure can write," and she humbly replied, "not bad huh?"

Seriously, I'm excited for their wedding - these two are movers & shakers. Based in Beijing for a little while longer, I'm looking forward to them coming back stateside to start the next leg of their lives together here selfishly because I want to spend more time with them both.

This week I've checked the mailbox every day on my way in from running (had back logged some of my training runs for the half marathon the week after next, so I feel like I was doing daily 5 or 6 milers), and I can't really explain why, but I checked eagerly each time.

Something's coming.
In the meantime, I bought these new sneaks tonight that are bound to make me run faster and jump higher:not bad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment