Friday, December 21, 2012

Blame it all on my roots, there's piss on my boots

Fair warning about the potty humor here...literally.

A couple days ago I heard my mother talking to one of the many fans she has who have phoned to check in on her throughout her recover, and she called the week we were having "a comedy of errors."

At the time I thought she was just over dramatizing the situation as all that had gone wrong at that point was our pump in the basement temporarily backfiring as the result of a dead battery...but I had quickly fixed that conundrum with the help of my dad by phone: I switched it so the pump would be running off of adapter and not its battery (which had died)'s power.

Then two nights ago - the Christmas tree toppled over and three of the five of us kids were left sweeping up broken ornaments, re-stringing lights, and screwing the darn tree back into its stand.

And that was funny.  Especially since my poor mum had to lie there helpless as we worked on the repair effort, unable to even see the tree she so loves to look upon and talk about ala the character in this bit:



But last night we learned that comedy (not cash interestingly enough) is ultimately king.  And the all important rule of 3 was reinforced right in front of my face when the toilet bowl overflowed.  With a vengence.  Only full of pee water - it's the time of year to be grateful for all sorts of things - but so full none the less, that the bathroom floor was awash and I wound up with piss on my boots, because I didn't think as fast as my sorellina who didn't come into the bathroom with bleach and mop in hand until she'd covered her feetsies with plastic bags.


Did I mention she is a nursing major at BC with a 3.9 gpa?

No comments:

Post a Comment