Sunday, April 27, 2014

I wrote 10 scenes of a screenplay this weekend...

what did you do?

Kidding.

Not the part about the writing.  I really did that.  I also wrote the scene headings for the other 24 scenes which felt like a pretty big accomplishment in and of itself.

Blake Snyder's rule is 15 beats, but there's no limit to scene counts other than "as many scenes as are necessary to tell the story, but no more."

I'm sure whatever you did this weekend was considerably more eventful and at the very least leagues more social than what I did, but next weekend I'll be on a retreat in Malibu which is actively inactive.

An old college friend of mine texted me late last night (by west coast standards, which meant is was real late by east coast married friend standards) and concluded that my life "sounds freaking awesome."

It is.

It's just also monastic.

Oh I rescued my puppy this afternoon - from a pack of big dogs who clearly own their corner of the dog park (noted for future reference) and were excited about the prospect of snacking on poor little B in all his glorified fluffy/easily confused with a cat-ness.   So that got my pulse racing.

But yeah, otherwise - it was a slow SoCal sort of weekend.  Back to the grind in 9 hours.  East coast agenting style - never you fear.

And actually - sorellina, and whoever else happens upon this little account of the life and times of LA Naugs, look forward to two more posts in the next three days.  Can't let the last of April slip by without reaching my 4 count in honor of the 4th month :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment