Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sassy Starts, San Francisco & Church of Saint Paul,

the Apostle.

2013 is here folks.  Friends.  (Mom, Mary, Mower, and the other 9 of you who regularly peruse these posts).

oh heyyyy, to the 83 or so readers who also happened upon this one.  I got myself a multiplyin' audience.  according to google's numbers anyway,

ANYWAY, I went to church today at St. Paul, the Apostle's.  Where I've gone the past few weeks now because they've got a 5:15 I catch (most of) on my way to Magnet Musical Improv Level 3 (don't miss my shows Saturday nights in February!!!!!), and St. P's is a good interim parish.  I did my two years going to Jazz Mass multiple times per month like I said I would early in 2011 and then I noticed I stopped making much mention of my church going until I literally posted about going to the chapel last Summer.

But then tonight's homily was all about TRANSFORMATIONS.  And I decided it needed to be acknowledged.  Because when in early 2011 I was on the way to beginning my transformation I was all church talk, and now here I am again two years later talking big changes and leaps and bounds and dreams being brought to life, so it stands to reason that I should clue peeps in (however non evangelically as I possibly can) as to how one of the things I got goin for me is this weekly visit I make to la chiesa closest to wherever I happen to be any given Sunday.

And mang, it's a helpful constant.

In fact, amen.  Not just and mang.

So yes - first scatter brained post of this otherwise highly focused new year, and my words of wisdom for the blogosphere are nothing other than my notes that 2013 is off to a sassy start thanks to my San Franciscan jaunt this past Wednesday - Friday and my search for a new home church closer to my new place on 97th being serendipitously still going.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Thanks!
    Nyc headshot photographers

    ReplyDelete