Sunday, December 16, 2012

True Story

I am playing nurse this week for my mamadukes, who had emergency surgery on a detached retina Friday night, because my pops is off to Dallas tomorrow on a business trip with his new company (the cool wiz kids who brought this fancy speech recognition software to the aid of oldfolks everywhere who would much rather just talk to their newfangled computers, tablets and smartphones than they would single-finger type on their gadgets' tricky keyboards and keypads). 

Part of my mother's recovery plan apparently involves watching the endless stream of Christmas movies airing on ABC Family, Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel.  And part of my nurse duties involve me sitting by my mother and taking in all of the holly jolly the fine writers of these programs have to offer in the way of cookie cutter love stories and santaland sagas.

Here is the funny part.

I sit and watch predominantly wondering how many of the actors in these tv movies have mfa's vs espers' studio training, commercial vs print careers, broadway vs improv roots...and thinking I hope I can play an elf who comes down from the North Pole to find love someday!!!!!

Gotta run, my mom just rang the jingle bell we gave her to use when she needs something during the next 10 days of bed-rest she's been prescribed.

No comments:

Post a Comment