Friday, January 28, 2011

Tales of Harmonious Discord

Gchat from the BFF: smile be positive go snooki this guido tonite! and yes, that can go in the blog ;)

He's funny, right?

I'm not sure how he knew my would-be one and only eharmony date was a guido. I only showed him one picture of the nice young lad from Levittown, Long Island. But last names came up when we were talking about my trip to Italy last Fall over dinner, and low and behold, the boy's Napolitano.

Salute.

Full disclosure, I led the date towards an early kiss of death and suggested we see a movie after we'd grabbed a bite. I always suggest a movie when I either no longer want to play the entertainer on a date or I am genuinely interested in learning what type of movie goer a new suitor is.

Either way, it's almost always a terrible sign for the potential of longevity with a given lad. I'm afraid I even want the works when watching blockbusters - someone who's equally as much a fan of superhero movies, comedies, and artsy or at least well acted dramas as I am. And when they can't recognize a Marvel comic character or they don't laugh as hard as I do at previews, I judge them.

I have less to say about the eharmony experience (which I am proud of myself for undertaking for a 3 month trial period, by the way, as I can now say I've done it, and let it run its course in its effective entirety) here though and more to say about dating duds in general. (Not that Levittown was a dud by any means. He's just not the right fit. Obviously. In spite of our similar appreciation for travel, Always Sunny in Philadelphia and being neat and orderly, a relationship with him would simply be a dud of one).

So, this rant is the result of my wondering: HOW can people do it? HOW can one dumb one's self down or else look for so little in a partner? Isn't it worth waiting for something stimulating and interesting? Do people crave company and companionship that badly? (And aren't I lucky, and trust me I'm appreciative that I don't because I have so many other loving relationships in my semi-charmed kind of life).

But, GOD. It's like I even settled on the movie choice last night. I saw The Green Hornet in the HEART of OSCAR SEASON.

And if ever there was a move less worth it.

But I know people are settling all the time.

And that's just a shame in my humble opinion.

Sheer shame.

So back to waiting for my white knight.

One more post, and I'll have hit my goal of 11 for 1/11. Boo-yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment