Sunday, January 2, 2011

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

I partook in a 3 person Chorale Christmas Concert at Mass tonight on the Upper East Side, pleased as pie to be sitting between two of my favorite people in the world who also happened to be officers of the University Chorale of Boston College with me 5 and 6 years ago now.

And not 15 minutes into being there at St. Ignatius, el former presidente of the Chorale grabbed my hand and whispered:

"I'm thinking you could find a man at Church!"

Referencing the conversation we had last night during our slumber party at my new apt on the UWS (WHICH IS AMAZING BY THE WAY), el former presidente was suggesting that there were men not boys to be found in the pews all around us:

"Guy in front of us is a perfect case in point. He's got good energy and he's super good looking," she whispered circa the Litergy of the Eucharist.

I mean, I'm not going to lie, the thought has crossed my mind in the past to stay open to church being a potential place to meet someone here in the city of sin. I'm partial to BC boys (read: NYE kiss) afterall, as many of them tend to be the type of church goin,' Christmas caroling, quality-whole-person-educated and social justice conscience "men for others" a girl can trust and see growing into a solid family guy in the longrun - well worth the investment of time and trust.

I even turned down my acceptance to NYU back in the day embarassingly not too long after an older girl I knew cautioned me that the only guys to be found there were gay or quirky. So it's not that I went to BC in pursuit of an MRS degree perse; I just wasn't shocked to wind up with my first serious bf ever while there.

Note: NYE kiss is hardly a conventional BC boy, whereas interestingly enough we randomly ran into a quintessential example of a BC boy at this very Mass where we were beaming like the dorks we are as we sang "We Three Kings" and "The First Noel" a few hours ago. Seriously: big city, small town.

In any case. My bambina sorella posted this link on my facebook wall today admitting she hadn't actually read the article. She noted the title though: "Life On the Road: Modern Nomads," and having been the one to first point out my nomadic tendencies when they began to be glaringly recognizable in the Spring of 2009, was compelled to share it with me as an homage of sorts to the Nomadic Naugs I laid to rest, well, yesterday, frankly.

The people in this particular article are 2/3's total hippy, so its really not all that much about the lifestyle I was living there for a while schlepping between NY, Cambridge, Newton and CA on occasion. There's been an element of commitment on my part lacking in the last 6 month since I started going to Church weekly though, and I have a feeling that's why I haven't really connected with any of the good energy emitting men el former presidente pointed out to me were in abundance this evening at St. Iggy's and that now that I come to think of it I saw fairly frequently throughout the Fall.

The long and short of this is: I'm claiming Ascension Catholic Church complete with it's rather bad-ass martini nights as my new "home" church now that I'm no longer nomadic, and I'll let you all know if I meet any hotties there.

Happy New Year! Love, Homebody Naugs

No comments:

Post a Comment