Friday, January 14, 2011

Matchmaker 2: Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston

You can see it, can't you? The way they fit? The way their smiles are authentic? The way while unexpected and ever so slightly unbalanced, it's a good match...

Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston were set up by their agents in the late 90s when his stardom as one of the best actors and biggest heartthrobs of our day was solidly established and her rise to fame was steadily picking up pace.
About.com reports that:
"During [their wedding ceremony in 2000], Jennifer vowed to make Brad's favorite banana split and Brad promised to find a balance on the thermostat.
Brad and Jennifer had 200 guests, over 50,000 flowers, a gospel choir, four bands, and fireworks at their wedding reception. They served lobster and champagne."
They were happy.
And they were the real deal, but they grew apart because he was 35 and she was 29 when they started dating - babies in the scheme of "the biz." This handy dandy About.com article also says they had irreconcileable differences, opposite opinions on having children and her issues of mistrust and doubt to deal with. Issues that that homewrecker with the lips my old landlady could only dream of acquiring couldn't have helped much with.
So unfortunate as it is, Brad & Jen are fading into the distant memory of google searchers everywhere, and now you can't even check their first page of images without having glam shots of Brangelina pop up, but that's not the point of this post.
The point is: their agents knew them both really well in the late '90s and were totally right on in suggesting they meet. And their blind date led to their 7 year relationship which in Hollywood years (which seem more or less equivalent with dog years) is actually what some have for life-long relationships (49 years).


And.
My best friend in Boston, graphic designer extraordinaire (**note this is the second time a link to her celebrated and sassy site's been posted here on younameitnaugs.blogspot.com**) and who I would also deem my social agent/guru's gone and set up a potential match for me that I will hopefully report more on in due time.
It's an unorthodox tale along the lines of the one I sort of skimmed over this Summer when I talked about trying to pass off a suitor I'd been set up with in May to my friend who I thought was a better fit for him in light of her appreciation for kayaking. And if it winds up blogworthy, I'll be sure to share it.
But while I'm personally ending this entry on a promising, hopeful, and lighthearted/so happy it's Friday note, I'm offering this Blue Valentine trailer in memoriam of the bittersweetness of Brennifer.



No comments:

Post a Comment