Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Need dating advice????

Was the subject of an ACTUAL email I received yesterday from a dear friend of mine. She went on to write (and I naturally responded):


She sent another email elaborating on what she needed from volunteer advisees and asking if I happened to have a dealbreaker list when it comes to dating, like "he has to be this tall or have this color hair" and so on.

And do I....

I told her her celebrity expert would no doubt have a field day with this one. Many are familiar with my list as whenever I'm getting ready to go back on the market I remind friends and loved ones who might be interested in setting me up with single lads they know that he need not apply if he's not

*over 6 ft tall
*preferably athletic
*appreciative of the arts however
*in no way employed in an artistic field
*at least as funny as I am if not funnier
*and at least as smart as I am if not smarter.
*he cannot regularly buy nicer shoes than I do
*he cannot be an only child
*he cannot be from Connecticut or ever want to live there
*his heterosexuality musn't be at all questionable
*and he would ideally love travelling to Disney World and Europe equally as much

And while the photographer manfriend from the Upper East Side who I went out with last night has the whole career in the arts category working against him, I found out that in addition to loving football, his motorcylce, and dancing like a doofus, he also loves making a fool out of himself singing karaoke in dive bars (and this fact counters the career faux pas).

And it was in being thoroughly delighted by our dueting Dashboard Confessional that I realized I must add yet another must-have to my list.

*he has to be able to sing

Obviously. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that one earlier on in the listmaking process. Also can't believe I delighted in dueting Dashboard Confessional - blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol. I'm not usually one to volunteer for karaoke, but I was particularly appreciative of the photog taking the lead and making a plan for the evening, complete with a moonlit stroll through Central Park on the way from having a pair of pink frozen cosmos at my favorite West Side bar to an East Side dive bar he'd heard about where there'd be karaoke and canoodlin, so I simply had to oblige.


Is it bold of me to claim that this blog got a whole lot livelier in the past 24 hours?

2 comments:

  1. oh hellooooo danielle. you have a stalker now. that'll teach you not to share your blog info with strangers at parties ;)

    i've been reading/catching up on your blogs, and i was particularly tickled by this one. you're an absolute trip!

    twas SO awesome meeting you on Saturday, and it was a shame you left-- a dance party broke out like WHOA.

    -jeanne (adam's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne! I don't know how blogspot commenting works - will you get a notification now facebook style to say I've received and responded to your comment? I hope so...

    'twas so awesome meeting you as well! I heard about the dance party and subsequently made a cameo at tne NYE party Adam went to at that apt as well - also tres fun!

    thanks for reading - Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete