Saturday, November 20, 2010

Are normal people narcissistic too?

Here's a short one for the bff...

Actual text message I sent him this morning: "Do you ever search for yourself on broadwayworld.com just because you can? I do."

Actual thought that occured to me: "Does the photographer call me so often to chat partly because he just enjoys the the sound of my voice?"

I'm not interested in solely pursuing a career as a musical theatre performer, because frankly I'm fulfilled by a plethora of other outlets in my life (personal, professional, creative and comical ones like cookie baking).

I am enjoying this blogging thing because I get a kick out of re-reading what I've written after a few days or weeks have gone by. I could listen to the recording of my sisterbands' country album on repeat an embarassing number of times and find myself looking forward to it being so close to seasonally appropriate for me to re-post this little Sam Willmott gem on FB.



What can I say? I like my voice - the one I've found through writing these, and the one I'm reminded I have whenever I go on cartrips by myself and get to listen to / sing along with my favorite showtunes.

Are normal people narcissistic too? Or is it just those of us in "the arts?"

No comments:

Post a Comment