Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Fears

I'm so anti-fear.  I don't like to say or admit I'm afraid of anything.  I'm not really afraid of anything.  I think getting out from under the fear of death we're basically all born with has helped me get to a perpetual place of "this too shall pass."  It's a perk of being catholist (a combo of Catholic and Buddhist).  This writer gets it.

But I have to confess.  I was scared shitless twice while away earlier this month.  Once when a riptide  made me reckon with how I've always said "I'm not a great swimmer, but I could swim to save my life," and that is true but by the grace of God.  My aunt sent me this article after the fact with a note: "we're glad you're still here."  It was that close a call.

And once when a bird of prey swooped down and nearly took my curly topped head off in his successful attempt to snag half my sandwich.  I have been sent articles pertaining to this horrifying incident as well.  Get this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stop-feeding-seagulls_us_578cc60be4b0867123e1be2e?section= AND  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3175036/Now-seagulls-cunning-Packs-birds-target-women-develop-new-tactics-steal-lunch.html

Basically... the fear is justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment