Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Naugmas

Many of my girlfriends have at least a glass of wine a night and are no stranger to the "woops I polished off that bottle of 3 buck chuck" phenomenon.

I had never drank by myself however until last night.  When I realized it was the last night I'd have on my own in 2011 (from here on out it's holiday gatherings, nights home at my parents' with my siblings & puppy, and hosting out of towners visiting for NYE in NYC) I decided to have myself a merry little Naugmas and dip into (drink) the birthday bottle of Malbeck the nice waitress at Jadis sent me home with last month while watching The Holiday.


I also, full disclosure, took an intermission and grabbed a single dogfish head 60 minute IPA from the bodega on the corner, and better yet, I took notes throughout the viewing on the things I loved about the movie...  scrawled in chickenscratch, I think they say...
  1. The character Iris
  2. The hot guy who almost sits beside her on the plane
  3. That Jim from The Office has a bit part 
  4. That Cameron's character can't cry
  5. That that fucker Jasper texts Iris the second she's seated and ready for take off
  6. That Cameron's character has Atonement with her in first/business class
  7. That Iris drives along the same LA strips I did this June
  8. Cameron staying on her feet just barely the way I did when I nearly fell on my face in front of my crush John Paul last Wednesday 
  9. That I made it through 3/4 a bottle of birthday wine and a beer from the bodega before 11pm
  10. That Jude Law can play "non d-bag" ala my fave gay chorus boy/one-day leading man who REALLY pulls off straight
  11. Kate waking up in Amanda's bed mirroring my every morning in LA on Iovate's dime 
  12. That Jasper rouses Iris from her LA wakeup with a request for her to ______ on his career
  13. VOM
  14. How much Jude Law's beauty in the breakdown buddy looks like Paul Rudd
  15. That Cameron's character has a Lexus SUV
  16. Jude Law's line: "I sew and I have a cow in the back yard.  How's that to relate to?"
  17. Jack Black's confrontation with the girl cheating on him
  18. Iris giving him water when he asks for something stronger
  19. How I cried when Cameron as Amanda _____ "welcome back" cried

The _____'s are place holders for where I can't read my own writing, and I think it becomes ENTIRELY clear that I had all that wine and the beer when I switch from calling Kate Winslet by her character's name to calling Cameron Diaz by her's around #11. 

This was a fun exercise.  I highly recommend it.  I also think I need to make a point of going back to California before too long and checking out the English countryside one of these days.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment