Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I wouldn't regret kicking a pidgeon


the same way I don't regret eating the piece of cake and 2 anisette cookies at the Bouchard/Hofbauer wedding last weekend.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And in the last four days when I've devoted myself to making sure I was the leanest me possible for my shoot this morning, it was all I could do to smile in the steam room at the thought of that wonderful sugary goodness that was my indulgence at the wedding of one of my dear college friends and miraculously there it was: the mental endurance I needed to make me stay in the heat for that many more minutes.

The thing is: Clean Eating is freaking awesome and what I plan to do 90% of the time from here on out, if only because I've come to fully embrace the philosophy I found while blog hopping one afternoon that eating clean means using food as nothing other than fuel for our bodies.

My spin on that is that it's fuel for our mind & bodies, which is why sometimes, to put the world back on its correct axis of rotation, I bake cookies from scratch and help myself to several spoonfuls of the dough and why sometimes chocolate or ice cream is the ONLY medicine that effectively starts to heal a broken heart. You get the point though, I hope? More often than not, I just need 1 or 2 complex carbs, plenty of protein and lots of leafy and colorful veggies in my tank to keep me acting/agenting/writing/running non stop throughout my manic manhattan minutes, crazy clippings of cali and occasional nomadic now & thens. So as long as I'm on the ball majority of the time, why am I ever gonna regret reserves of indulgence?

No comments:

Post a Comment