Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rabbit Rabbit

Great news...

It's February 1st and miraculously enough for the 2nd time in my life the first words out of my mouth this morning were "rabbit rabbit" which means I'm in for a luck-filled month!!

And what's more - MY ROOMMATE SAID "RABBIT RABBIT" THIS MORNING TOO!! For, like the 5th time in her life.

What are the odds?!?!?!

And what exciting lucky occurences are we going to happen upon here on the Upper Upper West Side this month!?

Are you all familiar with this superstition? My favorite teacher (in 3rd grade, at Franklin Elementary School, Mrs. Shekarchi) taught our class the ritual of saying "rabbit rabbit" before anything else on the first day of any month to insure that it will be a lucky one.

And I swear, I think July of 1993 is the last time I remembered to do so before uttering some utterly insignificant something or other over breakfast or at the office or on the way to the gym on the 1st of every month since.

So without further ado, I am charging forth excitedly into the month to come, and since I'm feeling extra positive and generous upon finishing the fun subway read my modmate and Milan travel buddy passed on to me with my housewarming goody bag last month, I am going to go ahead and share my good fortune with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment