Tuesday, December 7, 2010

That pre birthday dip

can be direly detrimental.

Were it not for the fact that my birthday falls conveniently just a few days from the onset of December and right around the dawn of the Holiday Season, I might be prone to spiralling downwards into a "what am I doing with my life" depression for weeks on end following it.

Fortunately - I heard Christmas Carols sung at two services on the Upper East Side this past Sunday (one Baptist, one Catholic - surprising that Spiritual Naugs thrives in this city of sin, isn't it?) and then I spent two hours sipping on a peppermint mocha and writing out holiday cards at a Starbucks in Hells Kitchen while the BFF played with my iPad across the table from me yesterday afternoon, and now all it's going to take is me tuning into my favorite holiday stream of music in time for a daily 5 o'clock rendition of "Dominic the Donkey" for me to be full on festive.

Yesterday morning flurries were falling for my walk to the subway, and then I had the pleasure of producing a shoot at Go Studios on W 29th St photographed by the fabulous, Laura Rose, and featuring the work of agency All Stars, Stefanie Syat, Annie Nicholas, Charlotte Omnes, and friend of ENNIS, Carrie Butterworth. Pleasure might be an overstatement as I came to find I am far better suited to be an agent than I am a producer. Regardless though, our team artfully made it snow in Go, and now I can't wait to feature a photo from this shoot in the holiday card my bosslady will be blasting around in conjunction with a donation being made to the charity set up in Boston photographer, Kim Kennedy's name. How the heck can I mind having turned 26 on the 27th when it's undoubtedly the most wonderful time of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment