Friday, December 10, 2010

Thank you notes

I sent my godson a birthday card this week with 2 $25 giftcards to Mobil. He turned 16 last year and bought a car this past summer.

(Admission: I was clearly having a blonde moment Monday when I was thiiiiiiis close to buying him a YOU'RE 16!!! bday card at CVS. Woops. Good catch, Naugs. And now that I'm realizing he obviously turns 17 tomorrow I am totally having one of those "wow if you're ___ I must be getting old" moments that grown-ups always have).

Anyway in the card I wrote a note asking him to facebook message me when he got the card so I'd know he got it and also to let me know what he could use for Christmas (band equipment, new sneakers, parts for his car, whatever he needs/wants - I love this little guy, he's such a cool dude, and I used to love buying him the latest & greatest toys, then he turned ten and got much harder to shop for).

Ready for this?

Thank you notes. Simply the sweetest thing.

He also happens to be a rockstar drummer opening for a band playing at Gilette Stadium this month on December 20th. nbd.

Naturally, I'll be in the audience. I'll also be scouring shopping malls in MA for the next three weeks if anyone has ideas of what to buy a super awesome 17 year old drummer boy godson for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment