Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Down to the wire!

Second to last chance to write my 5th March post! Phew... thank goodness I have four hours and ten minutes to spend at my mobile office / with my laptop on the Megabus this morning! Things I am grateful for include the working wifi and outlet, the seat I have all to myself and the fact that Thursday I will be driving back with Fife and not forced to take another bustrip in the rain. It's not that it's miserable, it's just so darn dreary.

Anyway, this morning I am adressing the Nomad and Princess portions of my blog's title, primarily because, that bambina sorella I mentioned yesterday, the one that was cuter than a pug in a Star Wars Halloween costume back in all of our glory days of yore, is now 15 and full of fabulous teenaged sass, and she said the Princess part's stupid.

But it's not. Dillusional maybe, but stupid, no. I have, on numerous occasions since last summer when I up and moved to an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for 3 months, described my life as being "all over the place," and this same wonderfully woeful-for-she's-15 sister of mine was the first to call me as she saw what I had undoubtably become: a nomad, but what's so enchanting about the fact that there are bits and pieces of my life scattered around the continent (an office in LA, a storage unit in NYC, bedrooms in Cambridge, Newton, and Bedford, MA, and so on) is the idea that my heart's no where to be found in any of these places, and for all I know there is a prince traversing the globe as haphazardly as I am doing in search of me! How romantic, no? I like to think of myself as one part Cinderella, one part Rapunzel, one part Goldilocks, one part Sleeping Beauty, one part Snow White and one part Anastasia, and it's amazing how much easier having to pay the bills by myself becomes when I embrace the idea that I may very well be living in a fairy tale of my own.

Dilusional. Yes. Stupid? No no.

No comments:

Post a Comment