Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hafta run hafta write...

Remember those Nike or Reebok shirts that said things like "hafta play soccer" after a series of other "haftas?" "Hafta run...hafta jump...hafta kick...hafta score..."

I promise I am working towards writing more structured postings, but for the time being the freewrite format's just going to "hafta" suffice. I'm pretty sure this will turn into a collection of essays on being a combination of the characters/personas/nouns I've titled this blog with, and so for example when I sat down to write just now it was with the intent of reflecting upon being a Writer/Agent starting at 7:30 today when the sun pouring in through my enormous window woke me up and I immediately checked my blackberry, which I keep beside my pillow at night - literally, not even on a nightstand, but rather on my teeny bed WITH me, beside my pillow.

I mean why wouldn't my "virtual office" hours extend to first thing on a Saturday morning, right? It's 5 o'clock somewhere which suggests it might as well be Monday here at home. So much for the weekend I was so looking forward to enjoying. Not that I mind things picking up in the industry in the slightest. I promise I'll take it. I'm sacrificing the fun that would be going to an EPA next Friday to cover phones and log hours at my laptop that morning because I've got my priorities in line for the time being, and I thought to myself that I'd spend from 9-11 working on the book this morning before heading out for my 3 mile run, but having checked the weather on msn.com, I'm sure the fact that I've spent 45 more minutes than planned on the book will ultimate result in me getting to enjoy the apex of the Spring like weather that is gracing the North East with it's presence this weekend.

Shoot. See, I am so 2003. This is more or less incoherent babble on my part. A personal diary/journal that I'm publishing for the World to see... Will sleep on this tonight and come back in "interesting op-ed article format" when I next post.

A bien tot!

No comments:

Post a Comment