Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gamechangers

I love this piece: Understudies: The Technicolor Grace of Godspell.
I'm sure Richard didn't realize it at the time, but there were a couple cast members in the show seriously considering transferring out of the BC Bubble as well. We didn't because we found ourselves in that show. Literally "found ourselves" or at the very least started to. Gamechangers are so fascinating in that way that they happen instant and unexpectedly. One seemingly simple night - one momentary sense of community can sway the course of one's life.

I dropped my Education major and picked up my BFF in the week after we wrapped that show. I can't even imagine what path my college career would have taken had I not had that experience, and I find myself an actress and agent today largely because of the role my being in that ensemble led me to play in the Theatre Department at BC.
Isn't it truly crazy how one thing leads to the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment