Friday, May 28, 2010

Why princesses should not try to pose as fairy godmothers...

Last Saturday night, I had concocted a hair brained scheme and proceeded to attempt to carry it out... I had seen a very nice suitor twice having been set up on a blind date with him by a lovely friend of my mother's who I trust pretty implicitly. Unfortunately said suitor liked certain things like living in Nonantum and kayaking, things I was just never gonna warm up to, it occured to me though when he lost me at kayaking that he might catch the fancy of my dear friend and fellow roadrunner. SOOOOO since there was a graduation party in Central Sq at my fellow roadrunner's apartment and everyone was feeling friendly since summer's pretty much surprised us by showing up, I thought it would be ingenius to invite the suitor to the party via tipsy texts and then arrange for the two of them to play Beirut all the while connecting up a storm.

I was picturing sparks flying and everyone thanking me for seeing the opportunity to jumpstart my referral system (why, after you've gone on a few dates with someone and realize it's not really working out, wouldn't it make sense to suggest they try dating one of your friends who they're probably better suited for??) but ALAS, no dice. And the suitor was not so happy. And while my fellow road runner friend and I have since found this to make for a hillarious story to re-tell and review, I've lost the opportunity to pass this good guy onto a more fitting good girl.

C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment