Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Goody bag



Sometimes I take away a renewed commitment to waiting for "the one." Sometimes I take away a feeling of relief I haven't "settled." Sometimes I take away ideas about flowers, readings, bridesmaid dresses, place cards, signature cocktails, and scheduling.  Sometimes I just take away the box of chocolates with the bride & groom's name on it, or the flip flops they had on the dance floor, or bag of sweets from the candy bar, the swarovski swan, or the strip of pictures from the photo booth.

But this past weekend I took away a sentiment similar to sweet Anne Frank's here.

The wonderful thought that I have a wonderful day or weekend I'll simultaneously "never want to end" and never get the chance to recreate yet to come.

How lucky, right?  Put that in your proverbial goody bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment