Friday, February 3, 2012

The In Crowd

Will it ever go out of style?

I'm really not sure.

I shouldn't out her, but everyone's favorite MamaNaugs called me practically bubbling over with excitement last week when she received an invite to a "Girls Night In" with some of the Newton moms she always says she wishes she could be better friends with.  And for those who are keeping track, she's pushing 49 and feeling fine (last year's surprise breakfast party was in honor of her hitting 48 and feeling great).

My Nanny Janny always prides herself on being tight lipped but probably would have turned in to a gossip back in her day if she'd known it would have landed her on the Football Cheerleading Squad instead of just the Ice Hockey one.  (Amazing fact about my maternal grandparents, they both held coveted positions on illustrious teams of yore: said cheerleading squad on ice and Brandeis' Football - undefeated since 1959 when the team was disassembled).

And here I am an example of frailty... strong, independent, NYNaugs, all excited because I got emails today inducting me to two online societies of note: improvteams.com and that sparkology site I wrote about two days ago.  Practically a plastic!



In like Flynn, as they say.  Poor Gretchen.  Always trying to make fetch happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment