Monday, July 25, 2011

Just a thought

how lucky am I to be "living" with two of my best friends, and to have done the same two summers ago?

"A friend," they say, "is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words"

This is never more true a case than for a chorus girl, which I've always said I am at heart.

Speaking of which, my heart may beat to the pulse of Manhattan, but I need only a night of nookness to remind me that my first love is my family and friends, and that "there is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered" (Nelson Mandel).

Part of why I love making the world feel smaller one trip around it at a time is that I know I have nothing but the best to come "home" to and "sometimes right back where you started from is where you belong."

Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment