Wednesday, June 22, 2016

When your waxer notices

You know you're moving in the right direction toward your peak physical shape when your waxer won't stop talking about it.

Frankly she sees you from an angle few others do.  You're lying on that roll of paper like a straight up specimen under the bright overhead light that lets her work her magic.  You leave an imprint of your body on the table when you stand up before she discards said paper, and you walk in ready to be fully seen by her - friend, confidant, mentor that she is, that she's become in the past ten or eleven years.

So when she says you're looking good, you're well within your rights to take the compliment as one of the most genuine you'll get on any given day or week.

Plus she sees you every two months or so.  I swear my waxer (who's the best by the way and who I will happily recommend to anyone who's looking to book since bathing suit season's upon us) said I looked good a year ago when I saw her too, but then every 6 - 8 weeks since when I've gone back (more regularly since relocating closer to her neck of the woods) she's seemingly been more and more impressed by the shape I'm getting in.  She's had a front row seat to any and all progress I've made.

So... I'm just here to humblebrag basically.  Ha.  But also to give the reminder to not be so quick to heed your self criticism, worry about the voices of those closest to you, or pay any mind to unfavorable feedback you feel like you're getting on your insta posts or dating profiles.  There are constants in your life who you forget are keeping tabs, and who will let you know when you're on the right track.  You need simply to stay regular with your appointment booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment