Friday, March 9, 2012

Mad about Meryl

In a good way.

I've gotten Meryl in the celebrity look alike game, and it's off putting as an early 20something, but as I settle into this side of the slope toward the big 3-0, I'm embracing it.

I can't embed the clip, but check her out winning her oscar for Sophie's Choice back in the day.


I mean she's frumpy but fabulous.  And so confident yet warm.  C'mon - there are worse celebs to be compared to.

This Fall I was embodying Renee Zellweger AS Bridget Jones.  And this past weekend I watched that movie for the first time in ten years or so... Took notes ala the time I got drunk watching The Holiday this winter, and while they're less quippy in light of my being less boozy (read: I gave up drinking for Lent), they're note and thus blogworthy.

...


- Bridget Jones's flannel penguin PJs are frighteningly similar to the flannel frog pajamas my mom gave me 2 x-mases ago joking, "because you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince" and that I wear on the reg
- BJ's weight is 136lbs at the start of the movie
- Ha, she works in publicity like my old chiaccherona roomie
- the best friend of hers we first meet in the bathroom PROB inspired JK Rowling's Moaning Myrtle and I thiiiink is the same actress who plays her in the subsequent HP movies
- Gaius is one of the "urban fam" members!
- Love the airkiss that her mum has for Bridget vs. the cheek kisses the would-be gay shopping network friend garners... very "Mama K" (my mother's theatreworld persona)
- "This can't be just shagging - a minibreak means true love"  -  the pitfall of expectations going into every weekend in the country with a special manfriend
- BJ's crying in the tub is the exact reason I don't take baths
- Colin First's kick move in the Hugh Grant fight is the nail in my coffin of undying love for him


No comments:

Post a Comment