Thursday, October 31, 2013

Unceremoniously Yours

I say the only man in my life for the past 5 years has been Manhattan.

And I acknowledge that I'm in a long term relationship with my day job as an Agent. 

My entry to life in the Big Apple was pretty fanfare-less.  My roomie and I toasted with wine in these mugs our moms had bought us before our moves to Manhattan circa Labor Day 2008:


I came with a flip phone and a bag of dreams, as my bff would say, and I was on my A-Game.  It was like when I first got to college and auditioned for and was cast in Godspell as a freshman.  There was a fire in me as bright as the color blonde I'd recently dyed my hair on my second trip to Brisbane, Australia.

I'm not sure what happened in five years.  Where the spunk went, how the dreams changed, when I realized I was only passing through.

But I'll go as unceremoniously and feeling as kick-ass as I did when I came.

So that's fun, huh?

Happy Halloween from this BAMF Boston Blonde.  Go Sox and goodbye & good riddance October!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, whatever happened to that mug?! Miss ya, roomie.

    ReplyDelete