Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm Over October

I pretty much always am by this time in the 10th calendar month of the year.

And maybe right now I feel particularly strongly about this because first of all it's FREEZING in my apartment thanks to the imperfect science that is heat in the city, second of all Mercury's in Retrograde from here till mid November, and third of all because I don't have any travel on the books till the weekend of Nov 9th and I'm always antsy when staying put for more than 2 weeks at a time, but I'm pretty sure it's just an annual itch I get.

Because November brings all my favorite things.  And October's just like the Connecticut to my NY - Boston and Boston - NY drive.  A big ol' stupid chunk of time spent in limbo.

To move the month along, I'm not watching the World Series till game 3 and I'm not observing Halloween, and I'm wearing fuzzy socks like these ones every damn day.  Thank goodness I get a new pair every year from my Nanny Janny in her mystery Christmas giftbag:


No comments:

Post a Comment