Thursday, May 30, 2013

So that happened

I perform now weekly on Tuesday nights at the Magnet Theatre with this sassy brood:


And it's a hoot, let me tell ya.  Because we host the musical improv mixer, which means, week in and week out we get a wide variety of audience members who are there to partake in the performance and jonesin' for a few minutes of fear inducing and confidence boosting stage time spent coming up with scenework, song lyrics, and choreography on the spot alongside my teammates and yours truly.

It's fun also because I think having a bio page on The Magnet site is helping me gain twitter followers every once in a while when someone stumbles upon this little Hi My Name Is.

It's WEIRD, because it's definitely the most public role I've played since moving to the Big Apple, and so now there are people out there who effectively "know of me."

ie: this dude who was standing at the corner in the theatre between the stage and where the bathroom line had stretched to this past Tuesday night and starting talking to me as I approached said line asking what my name was.  And who proceeded, when I told him, to then tell me that there is a very realistic obituary written about me (as a prank, he assumed?) somewhere on this world wide web of ours.  and, he went on, he thought that I was who I was, and had told himself if he ran into me he would definitely tell me about this post-mordem write-up he'd stumbled upon and cross-referenced with my bio page on The Magnet site... presumably post - googling me???

I don't know.  The guy sort of bounced abruptly after bearing this news.  And a teammate of mine was in front of me in line, had heard the whole thing, and was quick to do a google search there and then which did not turn up much other than the classic xenadrine pics, twitter page and website-in-progress that I've got myself, but he assured me, that had definitely been an uber-weird encounter of the wacky and wonky kind.

So that happened.

And I can't find the prank obituary the guy's talking about, nor do I much want to search around for it beyond a simple googling of my name and the word obituary, cause uhhh, that's all freaking strange and morbid, but I thought I'd share.

The adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment