Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bigs & Littles

My mom told me today she bets I would've eaten up greek life had I gone to a school that had it.  "Come on," she said, "you would have been running for vice president of your sorority, and been obsessed with the whole scene."

BC didn't have greek life, and actually I have never even been to a frat party or in to a frat or sorority house, but I think she's probably right that I would have gotten swept up into the culture.  If only because I'm a sucker for having sisterfriends.

We have a cousin who's just got one brother in Texas, and she just got into A&M and into a sorority down there, and her parents are uber proud cause it must be one of the good ones, but I'm excited for her cause now she'll get to experience having big and little sisters.

And truly there is nothing better in the world. 

I dropped both my bambina sorella and my sorellina off at PC and BC respectively in the past week, and I love love love getting to live vicariously through the endless adventures they're having and I love knowing that they'll be like sisters to some of the friends they make on their campuses regardless of the fact that there's not greek life on either of them.  Friends are the family we choose for ourselves, and if you're lucky you just add on cause you're of the more the merrier mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment