Sunday, October 2, 2016

Red Rover October

This is the second time in eight years I've spent two Octobers in a row with the same residence.

So not surprisingly, I was asked at a family function this afternoon if I'm "here to stay."

People have grown accustomed to hearing I'm here there and anywhere at any given point, and I've grown accustom to re-adjusting, recalibrating, relocating.

It's hard to say if I'm here to stay.  I'm here for now.  And I'm happy.  So there's that.  There's just still SO MUCH WORLD.

So it remains to be seen, where the wind will take me and whether my nomadic tendencies have truly subsided.

When I was little, I could never break through the linked arms of opposing red rover team members.  I was inevitably traded to the team who called me over.  Inevitably trapped until the next time I heard my name.

In a way, I guess I'm always still listening and ready to make a run for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment