Monday, October 15, 2012

"Chocolat"

had been sitting in a red netflix envelope in my desk drawer since July. 

6 weddings in 6 months, many of which would be held in Massachusetts, have made for a very merry Nomadic Naugs since my single modmate's and my Summer of Fun's Unofficial Start, and tonight was the first I could spare to watch Juliette Binoche woo Johnny Depp with her cacao powder voodoo.

So good.  So classic that I've been meaning to see this movie for 12 years now.  I love the concept of the queue.... I don't even know what I'll get once I've returned the red envelope but I do know it will be another I've been meaning to see for ages now.

I also love this dialogue and how Johnny Depp's character changes the subject so abruptly after Juliette Binoche's poses the tough questions:

Vianne
Don't you ever think about belonging somewhere? 
 
Roux 
The price is too high.
You end up caring what people expect of you. No.

Vianne
Is that so terrible?
Having people expect something of you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment