Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Changing the channel

I'm not much of a TV watcher.

Haven't been since high school really. Maybe even middle school.

I mean, I love sitcoms, don't get me wrong. I want to BE on one. I think I'm LIVING in one (take for example how the first person to view my marshmallow me featuring Xenadrine spot was - seemingly inevitably - my infamous ex) and I watch them and TV news magazines ranging from The Today Show to TMZ whenever the time of day allows on the cardio machines at the gym, but I don't watch anything regularly.

So tonight, it's not surprising to me that another handful of my friends will text/call/email to say they've spotted me sporting my light and dark blue bikinis at the Malibu mansion mid whatever programming they happen to be watching on Comedy Central, Lifetime, Bravo or MTV, but I've got my coil bound printouts of past drafts of The Book spread out on the table in my living room, and I'm outlining my next few months worth of work to be done on edits, agent research and proposal submissions.

Summer's over. Time to change the channel from actress/sister/friend to writer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment