Wednesday, March 14, 2012

26.2

I'm running THE Boston Marathon in 33 days.

33 DAYS!!!

And I've been all fallderall and fiddlydee as of late but I just stopped to take a second and let the reality of this situation set in, and I'm feeling so much better for having done so.

Running a mile is a major accomplishment for probably an embarrassing majority of people, and racing be it in a 5k or Jingle Run or Half Marathon or skipping competition's really pretty impressive, lots of people are runners by nature, by trade or by happenstance and I know there are plenty of folks who run multiple marathons in their lifetime, but none of that changes the fact that Boston is revered and that checking this "project" off my bucket list will be quite a remarkable feat.

There was a time just three or four years ago when I'd never run more than four miles.

And there will be thousands of people lining the roads from Hopkington to Boston both cheering along the runners and being reminded that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and approach it one foot in front of the other.

GAH!

That's awesome.

This is the start of something big and THIS is the jacket I'll be sporting super soon:


No comments:

Post a Comment