Monday, June 27, 2011

June Gloom

Interesting (to me): I just did a little more backblogging and discovered I fell into a funk last year in late June as well.

People are so darn predictable.

And that's the best and the worst I suppose.

But in today's case, I'll go with the glass half full take and thank my lucky stars we're just over 3 days from July and all the contentness that traditionally comes with it to this Sister Friend Actress Writer Agent Nomad Princess.

This afternoon I was having an "I want to get out of the rat race and into a marriage moment" (a painstaking 4 or 5 hour long moment actually).

The onset was threefold: 1st I saw pics of my cousin's new unbelievably beautiful baby girl, felt a pang of maternal instinct for the first time in about 4 years, and had it occur to me I'm so far from that life yet that all it would take is going back to Boston to inevitably fall into it but I just can't, cause I don't wanna any time soon when I think of how much I still want to do out in the selfish world first; 2nd I checked in with my "people from home" about the bachelorette bbq we're throwing for the first Nook Girl to get married next week and realized that one of my most traveled and worldly friends will be a one-man woman for life in a matter of 10 days sort of freaked me out; 3rd I finally knew what the date was (some random man asked me outside of Symphony Space and I promptly replied "the 27th!") because it's my godfather and goofy brother (see pic below)'s birthday (but I have honestly thought it was June 17th for the past ten days straight as my jet lag from round 2 of shooting in LA left me literally time-warped Desmon on LOST style).

Am brain fried, and still adjusting to not being under the lock and key of the 4.5 month transformation, will have new goals for myself by the second week of July, and will figure out Summer projects once I've made my triumphant return to Cambridge for the month... in the mean time... I'm not in San Diego, but okay, why not? I'll go ahead and stay classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment